[SR-Users] How to Use Multiple DMQ Notification Addresses

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Wed Mar 4 10:17:20 CET 2015

Hello Bob,

It is only possible to specify one notification address. So it is important
to make sure it points initially to an active node.

Once it has joined the cluster, the active node list is shared between all
servers, so it should not matter which servers are up or down later.

But for now, the notification address must be active at least on startup.
It seems we may need to add SRV support to the dmq module at some point,
when there is some spare time :-)

Cheers,

Charles
 On 3 Mar 2015 23:39, "Robert Boisvert" <rdboisvert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to setup a DMQ bus where servers can come on and offline and
> have DMQ continue working with the online servers.  I'm having trouble
> understanding how to do that with the notification address.  Can someone
> point me in the right direction?
>
> More specifically, suppose I have five servers named A, B, C, D, and E.  I
> would like all of them to be on the DMQ bus when active but they may come
> up at different times.  For example, when A, B and C start I want each of
> them to be on the same DMQ bus.  However, the way I understand it, if I
> make E the notification address none will be on the bus because E is not
> active.
>
> I could create a circular notification chain where A uses B as a
> notification server, B uses C, and so on.  Of course, there are problems
> when one or more servers are missing from the chain.
>
> Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Holt Street,
Birmingham Science Park, Birmingham B7 4BB.