[SR-Users] Any suggestion if I just want to update one or some modules?

Måns Nilsson mansaxel at besserwisser.org
Wed Mar 4 08:22:08 CET 2015

Subject: [SR-Users] Any suggestion if I just want to update one or some modules? Date: Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 11:48:46AM +0800 Quoting jack wang (antirazin at gmail.com):

> Is there more efficient way for just updating the specified module  ??

FWIW, I did exactly that, on FreeBSD:

cd srcpath/modules/module
rm *.o
gmake
gmake install

Removing the object code is a "gmake clean light" that is enough to
trigger enough rebuilding. Some operations are performed in the "gmake
install" step, so just copying the relinked object after "gmake" won't
do. Or sometimes, it might, but that seems to be dependent on which
module you are building.

I've been lucky with RADIUS, xml and postgres modules. Also, what
triggered my rebuilds was library upgrades, ie. going from postgres 9.1
to 9.3 and resulting relinking needs.

We did also do a bit of printf debugging code changes in some modules,
and that also worked.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668