[SR-Users] How to disable retransmits via TCP connection? etc.

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 16:30:24 CEST 2015

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Have taken pcap dumps with commands
tcpdump -i any -w /tmp/sip_tcp.pcap host <counterpart host>

http://whdd.org/sip_tcp_server.pcap
http://whdd.org/sip_tcp_client.pcap

The only obviously bad thing I see is "[TCP Previous segment not
captured]" mark on the packet client side dump which is the ending of
INVITE request body.
Googling on this message, I've found some advice at StackOverflow to
tune TCP socket TCP_MAXSEG option.

http://whdd.org/sip_tcp_mtu800_server.pcap
http://whdd.org/sip_tcp_mtu800_client.pcap

For this test I have set MTU to 800 on the server's only actual net
interface, and restarted Kamailio. The situation stays the same,
despite the packets show differently in wireshark.
On client side, there's still "[TCP Previous segment not captured]",
and on server side there's a mark "[TCP segment of a reassembled
PDU]".

Any review is greatly appreciated!

--
Andrey Utkin