[SR-Users] How to disable retransmits via TCP connection? etc.

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 19:06:22 CEST 2015

> Have you grabbed the sip trace on client side to see what it is
> receiving? Are the clients reporting errors?

Yes, see this https://gist.github.com/krieger-od/c9fe6ea4bb64fac82cda
this is taken on Linux box running Jitsi desktop app.
It doesn't report anything, or I haven't seen the log, ut just doesn't
show the incoming call.

> If you have a snom phone, you can easily see the received sip packets
> via web interface. Perhaps the desktop phones will have also some logs
> printing what is happening that can be accessed easily.
>
> Eventually you can try to run a kamailio locally, near the client, using
> it as an intermediate proxy between the phone and the main sip server.
>
> The timestamps I checked in previous traces were not following the sip
> retransmissions intervals (0.5sec, 1sec, 2sec, ...), a clear indication
> that it is not kamailio transaction layer doing retransmissions.

> As I said before, ngrep is not a source to trust when dealing with large
> packets. Also, it can happen that it prints the same packet twice.

But what sniffer should I try instead of ngrep to have more details
and confidence?

Also I guess you mean this to be an issue of Linux kernel on any side,
or possibly of routing hardware somewhere in the route?

--
Andrey Utkin