[SR-Users] event_route: what modules/functions are likely to work or not work

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:49:49 CEST 2015

Hello,

event_route should be compatible with request_route in most of the
cases, if not stated otherwise. However, there is usually a faked
request processed, generated internally by kamailio, without a purpose
to be routed out, but only to be safe in running various functions.

You can eventually ask for specific event_route blocks in order to be
able to provide appropriate details for it.

On 19/06/15 23:43, Armen Babikyan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With respect to *_route blocks in kamailio configs, I gather that
> event_route is the newest type of route in the config vocabulary.
> However, many modules have functions that specifically state that they
> work within certain routes, like REQUEST_ROUTE and FAILURE_ROUTE, with
> the implication that they won't work in other routes.  For example,
> there are some functions that "work" in EVENT_ROUTE as well, and that
> this could be a matter of either documentation not being updated yet,
> or funny/bad behavior I may encounter at some future point in time...
>
> Generally speaking, are there any general statements that can be made
> about what "common" modules/functions are definitely only available
> within request_route and onreply_routes?  event_route blocks, in
> particular, elucidate many other use cases for several modules'
> functions that I'm sure the original authors didn't think of, and it
> would be great to have a high-level commentary/discussion like "module
> XYZ or modules that touch A, B, and C don't have a snowball's chance
> of working in an event_route".
>
> Comments are welcome.  Thanks!
>
> Armen

Daniel-Constantin Mierla