[SR-Users] event_route: what modules/functions are likely to work or not work

Armen Babikyan armen at firespotter.com
Fri Jun 19 23:43:36 CEST 2015

Hello,

With respect to *_route blocks in kamailio configs, I gather that
event_route is the newest type of route in the config vocabulary.  However,
many modules have functions that specifically state that they work within
certain routes, like REQUEST_ROUTE and FAILURE_ROUTE, with the implication
that they won't work in other routes.  For example, there are some
functions that "work" in EVENT_ROUTE as well, and that this could be a
matter of either documentation not being updated yet, or funny/bad behavior
I may encounter at some future point in time...

Generally speaking, are there any general statements that can be made about
what "common" modules/functions are definitely only available within
request_route and onreply_routes?  event_route blocks, in particular,
elucidate many other use cases for several modules' functions that I'm sure
the original authors didn't think of, and it would be great to have a
high-level commentary/discussion like "module XYZ or modules that touch A,
B, and C don't have a snowball's chance of working in an event_route".

Comments are welcome.  Thanks!

Armen