[SR-Users] Kamailio license usage

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 19:42:18 CEST 2015

Yes, you can use kamailio to provide VoIP backend -- all free of charge
and without constraints.

As Fred pointed in another email, kamailio is GPLv2 and the main
restriction of that license is to distribute the sources to anyone that
gets the binaries from you. If you install kamailio on your servers,
then you do not distribute it and it is no need to give away the source
code. That means, even if you have a module that you develop and you use
it in your servers, then you don't need to give away its sources. If you
simply use stock Kamailio, then the sources are already available for
the public.

That is rather basic description, if you are not sure about what you are
doing with Kamailio, then as Fred suggested, it is better to consult a
lawyer.

On 15/06/15 18:09, Alexandru Covalschi wrote:
> Maybe it may be an offtopic, but I'm not really into legal issues - so
> I'm sorry if this message is not fully related to this mailing list.
>
> Can I use Kamailio to provide VoIP backend for kind of CRM system in
> case of SaaS?
>
> ---
> Alexandru Covalschi
> ABRISS-Solutions