[SR-Users] Need information regarding kamilio setup to support IPSec

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:36:25 CEST 2015

Hello,

kamailio is agnostic of the ipsec layer, it doesn't do anything to
manage ipsec, but it can get the traffic from any ipsec channel as any
application on the OS does. ipsec encryption/decryption is done by the
kernel.

Adding/removing headers in kamailio is easy and straightforward using
textops module. If you know that you have to add any Security-* header,
then you can do it from kamailio.cfg with the functions from textops module.

On 04/06/15 13:35, Priyaranjan Nayak wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a ims client endpoint supporting rfc 3329(IPSec).Now I am
> sending register message to kamailio server with Security-Client
> header and not getting any Security-Server header in response. Could
> you please tell me below queries
>
>   * Whether kamailio server supporting rfc 3329 (IPSec) or not ?
>   * If yes,how can we setup kamailio server to support
>     Security-Client,Security-Server and Security-varify(as per rfc
>     3329) header ?
>
> Thanks
> Priyaranjan

Daniel-Constantin Mierla