[SR-Users] IPSec supporting open source SIP Server

Måns Nilsson mansaxel at besserwisser.org
Tue Jun 2 15:58:55 CEST 2015

Subject: [SR-Users] IPSec supporting open source SIP Server Date: Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 02:51:00PM +0530 Quoting Priyaranjan Nayak (priyaranjan4169 at gmail.com):
> Hi All,
>
> I need one IPSec supported opensource SIP server for testing my sip client
> endpoint.Could you please tell me which SIP server supporting IPSec ?

It is not the server but the operating system that handles the ipsec
support. As Daniel wrote down-thread you can run an IPsec VPN endpoint
on your server, or you can run ipsec in host-to-host mode.

I run some replication connections protected by ipsec in host-to-host
mode in my Kamailio environment, and it simply works from the application
point of view. . In the ipsec policy setup I've defined that all traffic
to a given host must be protected by AH / ESP and that goes for traffic
to that host as well.

Once this is in place, the IP stack will take the packets from the
applications that match those rules and encapsulate them before they
hit the wire, and also check that all packet from those hosts are
correspondingly treated.

The net result is that most if not all sensible applications will support
ipsec once they are on a operating system that does do ipsec.

For finding phones / terminals / devices that support ipsec, I assume
that you will have to look a bit harder, but there are indications of
openvpn support in snom phones, among others. Now, OpenVPN is not ipsec,
it is a SSL tunnel, but given the pathetic state of the "broadband"
that sometimes is the best one can achieve.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668