[SR-Users] replace From header username for AUTH

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Wed Jul 22 10:02:57 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 21 July 2015 14:30:51 Al S wrote:
> I was wondering how can I replace From header username to perform the
> following authentication check with the new value:
>
> route[AUTH]......if (!auth_check("$fd", "subscriber", "1"))
> {    auth_challenge("$fd", "1");    exit;}...

http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/4.2.x/pseudovariables#fu_-_from_uri_username

If changing the value doesn't work you need to use
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/textopsx.html#textopsx.f.msg_apply_changes

But even that will not fix your problem, since it is not the From that is used
for identification/authentication but the Authorization header set by the
endpoint. And since the hash is calculated with this username by the endpoint,
changing the username will break the process.