[SR-Users] OMA/RCS Presence compliance

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Tue Jan 20 09:51:14 CET 2015

Hi Alex,

I believe that statement goes back to me, but unfortunately, i was wrong.

While Kamailio implements a lot of functionality to be OMA/RCS
compliant, we are still missing some features. The best example is
probably, that 3GPP standards request, that MSRP sessions are
Store&Forward rather than direct requests (in the "Big yellow book on
IMS" by Camarillo & others* it's stated, that you should use an
MSRP-Relay; but that information is unfortunately outdated). But
that's only one example from many.

Also typical RCS-Clients do for example a partial update on XCAP
Lists, which is afaik not supported by Kamailio (yet). A major vendor
pointed out, that the SIP-Part of implementing RCS was not the biggest
task, but rather the XCAP stuff...

I (still) believe, if someone would put some effort into it, it could
be achieved in reasonable time. Kamailio has all the necessary
starting points to do so (MSRP-, XCAP-, SIP-Support), but we would
have to go that extra mile.

Kind regards,
Carsten

*) "The 3G IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS): Merging the Internet and the
Cellular Worlds" (by Gonzalo Camarillo & Miguel-Angel García-Martín;
Wiley / 2008)

> Hello,
>
> Are the Kamailio presence modules (presence, xcap, pua, rls, etc.) RCS 5.X
> and OMA Presence Simple spec compliant.  I found the following bullet from
> this announcement - http://www.kamailio.org/w/2012/09/kamailio-at-11-years/
>
> SIMPLE Presence & IM extensions – embedded XCAP server, MSRP relay, RLS full
> OMA/RCS extensions implementation, IMS registrar records replication, a.s.o.
>

> Does that mean that only the RLS functionality is fully OMA/RCS compliant?
> Thanks and I appreciate any guidance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Schomburgstr. 80
D-22767 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 5247593-0
Fax +49 40 5247593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/