[SR-Users] TLS capture with sip_trace()

Mikko Lehto mslehto at iki.fi
Tue Jan 13 00:30:50 CET 2015

Hi

I am getting incorrect source port to Homer web while tracking
outgoing request from my proxy to remote SIP server.

Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote in another thread:

> in case of tcp (and tls) the source port is always a random one.
> only the destination port can be predetermined.

Interface capture (tcpdump) shows exactly what Juha wrote
i.e. random source port for TLS connection.

I always get local TLS listener address as Homer source_port,
clearly not true when comparing to output of tcpdump.
I am calling sip_trace() from branch_route and onsend_route.

Is it even possbile to use siptrace with TLS so that
it records correct TCP (random) source port to Homer?

I tried briefly printing some structure variables in
siptrace/siptrace.c but it seems that real source port
is not available in struct dest_info at that context.

--
Mikko