[SR-Users] sr-users Digest, Vol 117, Issue 23

Euan Thoms euan at potensol.com
Tue Feb 24 23:38:53 CET 2015

> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 04:25:14 +0100
> From: Markus <universe at truemetal.org>
> 	<sr-users at lists.sip-router.org>
> Subject: Re: [SR-Users] NAT SIPPING in a FreeBSD jail
>
> Am 21.02.2015 um 08:47 schrieb Euan Thoms:
> > ** My question is: how do I force the ping behaviour in NAT SIPping feature? I need a trigger to further debug.
>
> Just an idea in general: Attach to the kamailio process(es) with strace
> with trace output to a file and the moment it crashes you should have
> some more data.

I think I found the problem. I think it was nothing to do with NAT SIPping. I had to patch ip_addr.h because Clang on FreeBSD was not finding the INADDR_LOCALHOST definition from netinet/in.h, despite it being there in FreeBSDs' /usr/include. So previously I defined it as an 'unsigned long'. Now that I have defined it in ip_addr.h as a 'u_int32_t' Kamailio has not crashed since. Also, I no longer get any errors in my /var/log/messages when Linphone closes.

I have yet to re-enable WITH_NATSIPPING, I want to wait a bit longer before drawing any further conclussions.

Thanks and regards to all the Kamailio devs, Euan Thoms.