[SR-Users] ims_charging module - AVP's

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 12:16:34 CET 2015

Hello,

On 17/02/15 22:52, Shane Harrison wrote:
> Hi IMS'ers
>
> I am generating CCR's happily from the ims_charging module (adapted to work standalone with standard userloc module) but have a couple of questions around AVP's supported.
>
> a) I note that in the 3GPP TS 32.299 V12.7.0 specification that table 7.1.0.1, that it indicates Vendor-Id and Vendor-Specific-Application-Id aren't used.  But later in section 7.1.16 it indicates that the Vendor-Id should be 10415 and set inside the Vendor-Specific-Application-Id AVP.  Should I assume that the table is wrong ?
> b) The ims_charging_module doesn't seem to put an Auth-Application-Id into the CCR.  This is mandatory according to 3GPP and RFC4006.  I note that it does appear under the Vendor-Specific-Application-Id - but this doesn't seem right to me?
>
> At this stage I am thinking to add the Auth-Application-Id AVP and also the 3GPP Called-Party-Address AVP.  To I submit patches to the development list?

I am not working with IMS that much, therefore I cannot comment on your
remarks about the specks.

Just jumping in to say that the recommended way to submit a patch is a
pull request via github project:

  - https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio

It allows the other developers to review and make comments. Also, it
doesn't get forgotten as it can happen with maling list patches, because
sometime is higher traffic and some developers can be in vacation or
traveling.

If github is not liked by you for what so ever reason, patching to
mailing list is the alternative.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015