[SR-Users] dmq_t_replicate fails with ERROR: t_forward_nonack: no branches for forwarding

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Wed Feb 4 22:15:25 CET 2015

Hi,

On 3 Feb 2015 10:07, "Leonardo Arena" <rnalrd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On lun, 2015-02-02 at 17:54 +0000, Charles Chance wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Can you send the output of "kamcmd dmq.list_nodes" (mask IP addresses
> > if needed)?
>
> proxy2:/etc/kamailio# kamcmd dmq.list_nodes
> {
>         host: 10.0.0.3
>         port: 5060
>         resolved_ip: 10.0.0.3
>         status: 2
>         last_notification: 0
> }
> {
>         host: 10.0.0.1
>         port: 5060
>         resolved_ip: 10.0.0.1
>         status: 2
>         last_notification: 0
> }
> {
>         host:dmq.my.domain.net
>         port:
>         resolved_ip: 0.0.0.0
>         status: 2
>         last_notification: 0
> }
> {
>         host: 10.0.0.2
>         port: 5060
>         resolved_ip: 10.0.0.2
>         status: 8
>         last_notification: 0
> }
>

>dmq.my.domain.netresolves to 10.0.0.2 which is proxy2. What I'm
> effectively trying to do with DNS is to avoid having a static entry in
> configuration file as notification address. I'd like to build a dynamic
> list of notification servers via SRV records and have DMQ honor the
> priority and weight of such list.

This will not work currently but I may have some time soon to look into it.
Unless someone else proposes a patch first.

> > I will try to replicate your scenario and come back with a solution
> > shortly.

I have a patch which is working in my tests but I am waiting to hear of any
possible side effects. It should be in master branch shortly.

Cheers,

Charles

> > By the way, your dmq "notification_address" parameter looks slightly
> > odd (although I don't know what you're doing with DNS) - it should
> > simply point to one other node in the cluster, so that on startup it
> > can request information about any other nodes from this one. Also, in
> > the block which calls dmq_handle_message(), you should exit straight
> > away after.
>

> Fixed.
>

> > One final note, you should really listen on a separate port for dmq
> > purposes (e.g. 5080) and restrict access to it at firewall level. You
> > can then check in config that the message was received on this port,
> > like:
> >

> >         if (method == "KDMQ" && $Rp == 5080) {
> >                dmq_handle_message();
> >                exit;
> >         }
>

> Tnx, I will do that. Now I'm just running in a lab.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - leonardo

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Holt Street,
Birmingham Science Park, Birmingham B7 4BB.