[SR-Users] dmq_t_replicate fails with ERROR: t_forward_nonack: no branches for forwarding

Leonardo Arena rnalrd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:07:33 CET 2015

On lun, 2015-02-02 at 17:54 +0000, Charles Chance wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Can you send the output of "kamcmd dmq.list_nodes" (mask IP addresses
> if needed)?

proxy2:/etc/kamailio# kamcmd dmq.list_nodes
{
	host: 10.0.0.3
	port: 5060
	resolved_ip: 10.0.0.3
	status: 2
	last_notification: 0
}
{
	host: 10.0.0.1
	port: 5060
	resolved_ip: 10.0.0.1
	status: 2
	last_notification: 0
}
{
	host: dmq.my.domain.net
	port:
	resolved_ip: 0.0.0.0
	status: 2
	last_notification: 0
}
{
	host: 10.0.0.2
	port: 5060
	resolved_ip: 10.0.0.2
	status: 8
	last_notification: 0
}

dmq.my.domain.net resolves to 10.0.0.2 which is proxy2. What I'm
effectively trying to do with DNS is to avoid having a static entry in
configuration file as notification address. I'd like to build a dynamic
list of notification servers via SRV records and have DMQ honor the
priority and weight of such list.

> I will try to replicate your scenario and come back with a solution
> shortly.
>

> By the way, your dmq "notification_address" parameter looks slightly
> odd (although I don't know what you're doing with DNS) - it should
> simply point to one other node in the cluster, so that on startup it
> can request information about any other nodes from this one. Also, in
> the block which calls dmq_handle_message(), you should exit straight
> away after.

Fixed.

> One final note, you should really listen on a separate port for dmq
> purposes (e.g. 5080) and restrict access to it at firewall level. You
> can then check in config that the message was received on this port,
> like:
>

>         if (method == "KDMQ" && $Rp == 5080) {
>                dmq_handle_message();
>                exit;
>         }

Tnx, I will do that. Now I'm just running in a lab.

Thanks!

- leonardo