[SR-Users] Using dialog_ng

Shane Harrison Shane.Harrison at imgtec.com
Wed Feb 4 05:28:28 CET 2015

Hi all,

I think the lack of response to my previous thread is probably because it was too complicated.  I have now narrowed my problem down after further archive readings .

I am trying to use the dialog_ng module along with the ims_charging_module.  Upon reception of an INVITE, a call to the Ro_CCR() from the request_route script is made.  That function does a check that the dialog record exists (binds to dialog module and does a "get_dlg(msg)" call) - this fails i.e. dialog is not found.

Running kamailio 4.2.2 and relevant sections of kamailio.cfg are:
modparam("dialog_ng", "dlg_flag", FLT_DIALOG)
modparam("dialog_ng", "timeout_avp", "$avp(DLG_TIMEOUT_AVP)")
modparam("dialog_ng", "detect_spirals", 1)
modparam("dialog_ng", "profiles_no_value", "orig ; term")

request_route {
        # NAT detection
        route(NATDETECT);

        # Set DLG flag to track dialogs using dialog2
        if (!is_method("REGISTER|SUBSCRIBE"))
                setflag(FLT_DIALOG);

        # handle requests within SIP dialogs
        route(WITHINDLG);

        ### only initial requests (no To tag)

        # CANCEL processing
        if (is_method("CANCEL"))
        {
                if (t_check_trans())
                        t_relay();
                exit;
        }

        t_check_trans();

        if (is_method("INVITE"))
        {
                set_dlg_profile("orig");
               Ro_CCR("CHARGING_CCR_REPLY", "orig", "SCUR", "", "30","CCR_location");
       }

So my question is, "should the above logic create a dialog record on the initial INVITE?" and if yes then "what possible reasons might there be for the Ro_CCR() function not be able to detect it exists?"

Cheers
Shane Harrison