[SR-Users] why msg_apply_changes() from REQUEST_ROUTE only

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 09:48:19 CET 2015

Hello,

in failure route the sip message is cloned in shared memory, with many
references to shared memory buffer, as well as shorter size (just to fit
the sip message) of the buffer storing the message (the core used a
private memory buffer to max capacity configured for message size).

Changing these shared memory references and buffers will be a lot of
operations.

If you intend to work on it, then make it configurable and in first
phase a compile time option with #define/#ifdef macros. Such change will
have a lot of effects, so it is better to have an easy way to switch on/off.

On 18/12/15 15:55, smititelu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't understand why msg_apply changes() can be called from
> REQUEST_ROUTE *only*. Can someone explain? Can this be extended to
> *FAILURE_ROUTES *also?
>
> Basically I need to call this from FAILURE_ROUTES in order to avoid
> double SDP for rtpengine offers. Searching in the mailing list I could
> see that there could be other means of handling this like keeping and
> reading the SDP from an avp(write/read_sdp_pv), but I find the above
> method pretty straightforward.
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan

Daniel-Constantin Mierla