[SR-Users] Proposing new logo for Kamailio project

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 12:12:36 CET 2015

On 03/12/15 12:00, Sven Neuhaus wrote:
> Am 03.12.2015 um 11:44 schrieb Daniel-Constantin Mierla:
>> the logo is still trying to resemble the idea of world (360°) of
>> communications - a transformed and simplified version of kamailio world.
>> SIP is supposed to be the protocol that lets anyone initiate any type of
>> rtc.
>>
>> Kamailio is definitely not a telephony engine and I don't think is good
>> to add any symbol that will suggest it.
> Fair enough, even if I'm sure that it is used mostly as a telephony
> engine and the first sentence on its homepage mentions "able to handle
> thousands of call setups per second"... :-)
We have that indeed, because it is able to route thousands of call
setups per second ;-). However, besides being a term easier to
understand in this context that session, a call could be video, 3d
holograms, etc., while a telephone receiver suggests only voice telephony.

> I think the communications part is more important than the 360°/world
> aspect, what do you think about making the swirls resemble the signal icon?

Just my opinions here -- first I find waves icon closer to the physical
medium.

What I liked to this proposal was the simplicity, but still enabling the
imagination to think of different concepts related to RTC. Adding more
curves to get to a wave will load the image, making it look heavy, then
printing will be harder if there is just little empty space between
graphics. The waves were somehow resembled in the openser logo, I think
it's better to go for a concept that doesn't try to copy much from the
old one.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://miconda.eu