[SR-Users] Dialog module - db_fetch_rows

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 02:06:54 CEST 2015

Hey All,

Im just after someone else thoughts on if this is a bug.

After reading :
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.3.x/modules_k/dialog.html#idp148408
Im lead to understand that setting *modparam("dialog", "db_fetch_rows", 0)*
should instruct the dialog module to write dialogs to the DB, but not
bother loading them on startup.   This sounds like what I'm after.

However ever time I set the value to 0, dialogs are still loaded from the
DB.

a quick dig in the source takes me to the function

select_entire_dialog_table in dlg_db_handler.c
this chunk of code does not appear to properly implement " if
fetch_num_rows == 0 then do nothing "

Im after a couple of things from you guys.

a) validation that my understanding of what SHOULD happen is correct
b) possibly validating that I'm not crazy, and this is actually a bug :)

--
Sincerely

Jay