[SR-Users] Kamailio with NATted RTPproxy

Jean-Marie Baran jean-marie.baran at ama.bzh
Tue Aug 18 15:06:54 CEST 2015

On 18/08/2015 14:43, Fred Posner wrote:
> On 08/18/2015 08:36 AM, Jean-Marie Baran wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to have RTPproxy works with Kamailio behind a NAT. As it
>> seems RTPproxy cannot handle NAT natively, I installed RTPproxy 1.2.1 by
>> miconda: https://github.com/miconda/rtpproxy
>>

> This one is good or the new 2.0 version also supports the -A flag. You
> may want to run in debug or info mode to see if you're passing packets.

Ok, that's good to know that version 2 also handle it. I did not pay
attention.

> Something like:
>
> rtpproxy -A PUBLICIP -F -l PRIVATEIP -m 10000 -M 20000 -s
> udp:127.0.0.1:7722 -d INFO
>
> Making sure that the m (minimum) and M (maximum) ports match what you
> have opened/forwarded on your firewall.
>
>> My question here is what should be the addresses in the SDP when
>> redirected from Kamailio to the client ?
>>
>> Cheer,
>> --
>> *Jean-Marie Baran*
>>
> The address should be your public ip (for outside connections), which
> should also be in the advertised statement within kamailio.

Okay, so now Kamailio receives an ACK with SDP, and replace the c=/o=
fields with its public IP. Then it transmits the ACK to the client which
in turn send its RTP packets to the public IP of Kamailio (that is, the
router in front of Kamailio). However there is no trace of the RTP
packets on the machine running Kamailio.

Because I like graphics:

Client          Kamailio Router          Third party SIP Server

     {________Private network________} {______Internet______}

The question mark denotes the fact that I lose trace of RTP packets
here. Any idea why the packets are not relayed ?