[SR-Users] Kamailio with NATted RTPproxy

Fred Posner fred at palner.com
Tue Aug 18 14:43:11 CEST 2015

On 08/18/2015 08:36 AM, Jean-Marie Baran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to have RTPproxy works with Kamailio behind a NAT. As it
> seems RTPproxy cannot handle NAT natively, I installed RTPproxy 1.2.1 by
> miconda: https://github.com/miconda/rtpproxy

This one is good or the new 2.0 version also supports the -A flag. You
may want to run in debug or info mode to see if you're passing packets.

Something like:

rtpproxy -A PUBLICIP -F -l PRIVATEIP -m 10000 -M 20000 -s
udp:127.0.0.1:7722 -d INFO

Making sure that the m (minimum) and M (maximum) ports match what you
have opened/forwarded on your firewall.

> My question here is what should be the addresses in the SDP when
> redirected from Kamailio to the client ?
>
> Cheer,
> --
> *Jean-Marie Baran*

The address should be your public ip (for outside connections), which
should also be in the advertised statement within kamailio.

--fred