[SR-Users] Handling Hold

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Fri Aug 14 14:58:55 CEST 2015

On Thursday 13 August 2015 14:29:10 Fred Posner wrote:
> Always fun integrating with proprietary pbx's... is there a way that is
> "generally accepted" as handling hold invites from devices such as Mitel
> or Toshiba?
>
> We're not proxying the media, so these devices are trying to send an
> Invite to the endpoint when calls are placed on hold.

I feel your pain, I'm struggling with a similar problem. And in my case the
problem is Asstra/Mitel it they barf on a received param as quotedstring
(which is rfc3261 compliant) with a "400 Missing, Erroneous or Multiple
Contact header field(s)". Removing the quotes fixes this, but isn't rfc
compliant and thus failes on many other devices....