[SR-Users] Measuring subscriber latency

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Tue Apr 28 20:42:11 CEST 2015

Hi all

I'm replacing an Asterisk based system with a kamailio based one. One of the
features the legacy system has is showing the subscriber the latency obtained
from the qualify option of sip.conf

Now, I'd like to measure the latency but I'm not sure how to do it. AFAIK
nathelper module sends the OPTIONS keepalive messages stateless mode and
there's no information there.

I was thinking on triggering a route send_options via the timer module, save
the timestamp of the relay and the timestamp of the response in onreply_route
but it doesn't look elegant. Creating my own daemon in an external server and
reading the info from the location module seems to be another option.

I guess I'm not the first one with this need so I wonder if there's an already
existing solution or an elegant way of dealing with it.

any ideas?

thanks,

Jon