[SR-Users] add feature to dmq to allow for HA (heartbeat or pacemaker)

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Fri Apr 24 20:44:28 CEST 2015

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Callbacks for change of node state can be added easily enough and I agree
they could be quite useful to other modules.

Development is frozen currently but I can push to a separate branch if
you're interested in testing?

Cheers,
Charles
 On 24 Apr 2015 13:42, "Vik Killa" <vipkilla at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I was looking to implement HA with 2 Kamailio machines.
> I am aware of the dmq module and I thought that would be a great place to
> start.
> The problem I see is that dmq module does not have any "failure" callback
> mechanism.
> For instance, if KamA sends dmq ping to KamB, and KamB does not respond
> (perhaps because it's down), then nothing happens.
> I looked into using the dmq API and checked the dmq code to see
> how send_message() function works, and I dont see any indication that there
> is a failure callback.
> I would be a great improvement to add this sort of functionality to dmq
> and then other modules or code can be written to use the API to detect when
> another Kam box is up or down. This could lead to another module like
> dmq_ha (I'm open to writing this)
>
> Thanks,

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Holt Street,
Birmingham Science Park, Birmingham B7 4BB.