[SR-Users] Loadbalancing proxy using DNS SRV instead of dispatcher

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 15:06:10 CEST 2015

On 17/04/15 11:25, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> On Friday 17 April 2015 11:09:23 Jon Bonilla wrote:
>> I had the issue in the past and here's how it was solved:
>>
>> - When sending your "first" request to the server resolving it by DNS, you
>> can store the destination IP in a hash table (callid--> IP) using
>> onsend_route
>>
>> The kamailio script should check something like this:
>>
>> 1: Initial request. Is the callid in hash table?
>>   Yes --> Don't resolve DNS and send it to the stored IP
>>   NO -->  Use DNS to send it and store the IP using onsend_route
>>
>> If you set the autoexpire of keys to 3-4 secs it will work well.
> Sounds like a very useful solution. May need some extra mangling for failover
> situations

Another possibility is to configure the servers to accept the nonce
generated by the other server. This is possible by setting the same
secret for auth module:

  - http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/auth.html#auth.p.secret

The the time on the servers must be sync'ed.

I expect is not going to work with one time nonce.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015