[SR-Users] Loadbalancing proxy using DNS SRV instead of dispatcher

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Fri Apr 17 11:14:38 CEST 2015

On Friday 17 April 2015 09:41:55 Cezary Siwek wrote:
> http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/4.2.x/core#dns_srv_lb
>
> As we speak, some of our clients reported similar issue when connection
> to us using FreeSWITCH and setting weight to 0 seem to resovle the issue
> (it was prosposed solution on freeswitch mailing list)
>
> We internally don't do SRV LB in outbound direction but probably will so
> please come back with your results.

dns_srv_lb is set to yes.

The solution of setting weight to 0 works because it disables loadbalancing.
It appears that whenever the SRV records are queried by kamailio, at that
point in time the a random result record is taken as destination for all
request to that domain (didn't test any failover scenario) till next cache
refresh. This idea is supported by disabling dns caching in kamailio, then the
destination for requests is randomized and the same problem appears when
setting weight to not 0.

--

Telefoon: 088 0100 700
Sales: sales at pocos.nl | Service: servicedesk at pocos.nl