[SR-Users] Loadbalancing proxy using DNS SRV instead of dispatcher

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Fri Apr 17 11:09:23 CEST 2015

El Fri, 17 Apr 2015 09:41:55 +0100
Cezary Siwek <cezary.siwek at nexmo.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I haven't tried it mysefl (will probably do it in a near future) but
> there is core configuration parameter to be enabled.
> http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/4.2.x/core#dns_srv_lb
>
> As we speak, some of our clients reported similar issue when connection
> to us using FreeSWITCH and setting weight to 0 seem to resovle the issue
> (it was prosposed solution on freeswitch mailing list)
>
> We internally don't do SRV LB in outbound direction but probably will so
> please come back with your results.

I had the issue in the past and here's how it was solved:

- When sending your "first" request to the server resolving it by DNS, you can
  store the destination IP in a hash table (callid--> IP) using onsend_route

The kamailio script should check something like this:

1: Initial request. Is the callid in hash table?
  Yes --> Don't resolve DNS and send it to the stored IP
  NO -->  Use DNS to send it and store the IP using onsend_route

If you set the autoexpire of keys to 3-4 secs it will work well.

cheers,

Jon