[SR-Users] Timeout session Kamailio w/ rtpproxy v2

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Mon Apr 13 21:35:24 CEST 2015

Hi Igor,

i wrote that patch and that extension to Kamailio. Unfortunately, i
never received any reply from the RTPProxy developers regarding my
patch and i guess, it was never accepted or even reviewed.
So i guess, RTP-Timeouts work only with the old, manually patched
RTPProxy for the moment.

Kind regards,
Carsten

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've sent my request on the rtpproxy google group without answer so try
> here.
>
> I'm using Kamailio 4.2.3 (and few older versions) with the new release of
> rtpproxy.
>
> I can't get the info of a session timeout (-n or -i options) from rtpproxy
> to my Kamailio proxy, using -n and the timeout socket.
>
> I tried:
>     - Kamailio side: modparam("rtpproxy", "timeout_socket",
> "unix:/var/run/rtpproxy_timeout.sock")
>
>     - rtpproxy side: -n unix:/var/run/rtpproxy_timeout.sock
>
> and other configuration like tcp, or udp socket, but nothing is happening on
> the Kamailio part.
>
> The Kamailio rtpproxy man page give the example:  modparam("rtpproxy",
> "timeout_socket", "xmlrpc:http://127.0.0.1:8000/RPC2")
> Does it mean Kamailio only handles XMLRPC socket ? In this case, is rtpproxy
> able to handle XMLRPC (I remember a patch in an older rtpproxy version)
>
> In the case Kamailio could handle other socket types, which one could allow
> me to get a session timeout signal from rtpproxy in order to generate BYE
> message at the signalling side ?
>

> I could add that rtpproxy stops well RTP sessions that timed out.
>

> Regards,
>
> Igor Potjevlesc

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Schomburgstr. 80
D-22767 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 5247593-0
Fax +49 40 5247593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/