[SR-Users] apache 2.4 wstunnel

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Apr 10 08:01:12 CEST 2015

Muhammad Shahzad writes:

> In my opinion, Nginx has a better solution then apache for WS proxy. It
> allows to define "extra" headers that the proxy service is suppose to
> forward to backend server, so that back-end server have full understanding
> of client characteristics (including the connection type being WS instead
> of HTTP).
>
> Have a look at this for more details,
>
> http://nginx.com/blog/websocket-nginx/

well, by default also nginx proxy removes Upgrade and Connection
headers because they need to explicitly added back in proxy definition.
looks like the same can be done in apache proxy by adding lines

RequestHeader set myheader "myvalue"

into the proxy definition.  i haven't yet tested it though.

-- juha