[SR-Users] Upgrade from Sip Express Router 0.9.6

Andres andres at telesip.net
Tue Apr 7 16:14:24 CEST 2015

On 4/2/15 8:44 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> On 02/04/15 14:29, Andres wrote:
>> On 4/1/15 11:10 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
>>> How complex is the SER configuration? SER couldn't do that much, by
>>> the standards of the modern feature set, so there may not be much to
>>> port. :-)
>> It is very simple.  I am more concerned about the procedure to
>> migrate the thousands of mysql entries from one version to another.
>> If I have to write a script I will but before I do that I wanted to
>> check in an see if somebody has already done it even if for an older
>> version of Kamailio.
>
> The database structure from ser 0.9.x is closer to current kamailio
> database in many aspects than to ser 2.0. I don't know what tables are
> you using, but subscriber, usr_preferences or grp should be pretty
> compliant. Maybe you ca list here what modules are you using.
>
> The location needs to changed, but that is something which fills
> itself. You can first lower the max expires for registrar/usrloc
> modules so you force phones to register more often. Then restart with
> kamailio, and phones will register quickly after, populating location
> table.
>
> Also, you need to set appropriate version values in 'version' table.
We completed the upgrade and it was not that difficult.  I was indeed
surprised to see that about 95% of our configuration file worked
unmodified.  All we had to to was look at the error messages and fix the
syntaxes were applicable.  Most were related to rtpproxy or xlog statements.

Regarding the mysql database, we simply started with the new Kamailio
schema.  Then we went table by table and added/deleted/renamed columns
on the old schema so that it would match the new one.  We then exported
the entries in the old database with mysqldump and then imported them
into the new database.  We were only working with 5 or 6 tables so it
did not take long either.

Thanks.

--
Technical Support