[SR-Users] Upgrade from Sip Express Router 0.9.6

Andres andres at telesip.net
Thu Apr 2 15:00:16 CEST 2015

On 4/2/15 8:44 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> On 02/04/15 14:29, Andres wrote:
>> On 4/1/15 11:10 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
>>> How complex is the SER configuration? SER couldn't do that much, by
>>> the standards of the modern feature set, so there may not be much to
>>> port. :-)
>> It is very simple.  I am more concerned about the procedure to
>> migrate the thousands of mysql entries from one version to another.
>> If I have to write a script I will but before I do that I wanted to
>> check in an see if somebody has already done it even if for an older
>> version of Kamailio.
>
> The database structure from ser 0.9.x is closer to current kamailio
> database in many aspects than to ser 2.0. I don't know what tables are
> you using, but subscriber, usr_preferences or grp should be pretty
> compliant. Maybe you ca list here what modules are you using.
That is great to know.  I remember when SER 2.0 came out I was totally
put off by the massive changes.  I am happy to hear the Kamailio schema
is not that different from 0.9.6.  I have not taken a look at it yet but
will do so shortly.

The modules we are running are:

loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/nathelper.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/sl.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/tm.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/rr.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/acc.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/usrloc.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/registrar.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/textops.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/group.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/exec.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/uri_db.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/xlog.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/domain.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/lcr.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/avp.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/permissions.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/auth.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/auth_db.so"

I must add that to this day I continue to be totally impressed with the
SIP Express Router.  Our servers have processed hundreds of millions of
calls since 2003 and SER has practically never missed a beat.

Thanks.

--
Technical Support
http://www.cellroute.net