[SR-Users] [sr-dev] Reqd. help on Corex (Obfuscate) - Kamailio 4.2.x

Rahul MathuR rahul.ultimate at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 20:42:19 CEST 2014

Thanks for replying !

But how to check whether a particular message received by Kamailio was sent
by UAC or SIP Server ?
Also, on the same lines - how to know whether a particular message about to
be send from Kamailio is bound to UAC or SIP Server ?

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 10:51 PM, Muhammad Shahzad <shaheryarkh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The network io intercept feature basically allows kamailio script writer
> to do whatever s/he may want to do with raw SIP packets (that are just
> received by kamailio or about to be sent out by kamailio), e.g. encryption,
> compression or any final touches to sip message before it is processed by
> kamailio core. That is why it is purposely kept abstract and any particular
> use or implementation is left to the script writer.
>
> In your case the encryption / decryption code is in C/C++, you can try one
> of the followings,
>
> 1. Writeup a C/C++ program that receives outgoing SIP message as text (and
> some other parameters, e.g. encryption key) in input arguments and returns
> the encrypted message in event_route [ network:msg ] and vice versa (for
> incoming messages). You can call this program directly from kamailio.cfg
> script.
>
> 2. Writeup e.g. a PERL wrapper for your encryption / decryption C/C++ code
> and call it using kamailio app_perl module within event_route [ network:msg
> ] as demonstrated in this example,
>
> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/corex.html#idp125704
>
> You can also use any other kamailio language bind of you choice as well,
> e.g. Python, LUA, JAVA and so on.
>
> I would recommend the second option, as it has less processing overhead
> for kamailio.
>
> Thank you.
>

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Rahul MathuR <rahul.ultimate at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was going through the new features and stumbled upon this new one -
>> developed by Mohd. Shahzad Shafi.
>> As already mentioned on the wiki about this module, I intend to use it
>> for my custom security layer between UACs and SIP Proxy (Kamailio) but the
>> issue is - the custom security layer (encryption/decryption code) is
>> written in C and should precisely be applied for the messages between UAC
>> and Proxy.
>>
>> Is there a way I can achieve this using Corex module since it does
>> intercept the network I/O messages ?
>>
>> Any help here would be really appreciated.
>>
>> --
>> Warm Regds.
>> MathuRahul

Warm Regds.