[SR-Users] Difference between modules_k and modules_s

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 11:50:31 CEST 2014

Hello,

first, if you have modules_s and modules_k with folders from modules,
then you are using an old, no longer maintained at this time, kamailio
version (respective 3.x). You should be using 4.x, especially when
starting a new deployment or upgrading old one. In 4.x there is no
longer a modules_k and modules_s version of modules.

But, for sake of clarification, 3.x was the series of releases for
merging kamailio and ser modules -- modules_k were developed in the past
in kamailio project and modules_s were developed in ser. One should have
been used modules_k when wanted to go for a kamailio deployment. But
again, that is an old version and should not be used in production anymore.