[SR-Users] Call connection from one server to another

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 12:25:23 CEST 2014

Hello,

On 08/09/14 08:05, aawaise wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to deploy two kamailio servers, both using same MYSQL database placed
> on Server 2008. Both are using different static IP's.
> Hopefully, I can add two A records in DNS server, both against same domain
> name, pointing to two different IP's to which two servers are attached. My
> question is that in load balancing scenario if user 1 is attached to server
> 1, and user 2 is attached to server 2. How can user1 call user2.
> Because request will go to server 1 to which user 1 is attached. But it wont
> be able to locate user 2 because it is not connected to server1 (but
> connected to server 2). I am using same domain name for two servers.
> What can be done in kamailio to solve this issue ??
you can run kamailio with usrloc in db only mode, then they share the
same location database.

On the other hand, this is not going to work if the phones are behind
symmetric nat. This is due to very restrictive rules in symmetric nat
routers. In that case you have to think to a different platform
architecture (e.g., don't share the location table, but forward call to
the other server if the callee is not found locally).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 - http://www.asipto.com
Sep 22-25, Berlin, Germany