[SR-Users] Recommendation for toggling MSILO m_store auto-notification reply on/off

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sat Sep 6 02:39:52 CEST 2014

Using Kamailio 4.2-dev and MSILO, is it possible to "toggle" the auto-
notification reply MESSAGE using something similar to the following where
"$var(msilo_reply)" is emtpy at startup (or are there suggestions for a better
method):

modparam("msilo", "from_address", "$var(msilo_reply)")

if(CONDITION WHERE I WANT THE AUTO-REPLY RETURNS POSITIVE) {
	$var(msilo_reply)="$rU at example.net";
}
m_store($rU)

My use case is that I would like the auto-notification reply to occur in some
instances, but not others.  I also do not want to create a loop where the
auto-notification replies are also stored.  I was originally using a simple
test: if(src_ip!=myself), but I have begun to use the IMC module as well as
the EXEC module and these MESSAGEs appear to originate from "myself."

Looking at the MSILO documentation I see there is "extra_hdrs(string)," but
this appears to be designed to add headers to dumped MESSAGEs. I was hoping
there would be a way to add a custom header to the auto-notification, on which
I could filter/drop generated replies earlier in the route, but it doesn't
appear that this exists.

My preference for the best-case scenario would be to control the generation of
the auto-notification reply in the first place rather than having to add a
control to detect the reply and drop it.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

--
Anthony - https://messinet.com/ - https://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E