[SR-Users] Add custom parameter to To: header, and then recover it

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Sep 6 01:39:39 CEST 2014

On 09/05/2014 06:51 PM, Alex Villací­s Lasso wrote:

> What functions exist (if any), to add custom parameters to the From:
> and To: headers?

I don't know that there are any functions to do that per se. But what
you could do is extract the existing From header value, remove the From
header, and append your own parameters to it:

    $var(new_from) = $hdr(From) + ";yourparam=yourval";
    remove_hf("From");
    append_hf("From: $var(new_from)\r\n");

Now, as to whether you actually want to be modifying From and To
unilaterally, which of course breaks RFC 3261 and is definitely not
something proxies should do, that's another matter. I would say don't do it.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC

Please be kind to the English language: