[SR-Users] how to always use rtpproxy-ng and rtpengine to relay rtp packets

Paul Smith paul.smith at claritytele.com
Tue Oct 14 10:38:56 CEST 2014

Hi Andrew,
I just use git... so not sure on the rpm stuff. However I believe 4.2 is
to be released as stable branch tomorrow (see other recent thread by
Daniel) so the packages probably aren't far behind.

The main reasons I see for using the 4.2 branch are:
1) its going to be stable release very soon
2) the options on rtpengine have been refactored ... makes sense to
develop on the new version so that you can move from development to
production without amending your kamailio.cfg
3) rtpengine seems to be getting quite alot of rapid progress at the
moment and gaining stability and features ... I'd rather be on the
latest version.

Having said all that the logic in the kamailio.cfg for version 4.1 is
the same and should work for you if you want to work from the current
stable packages.