[SR-Users] tcp_read_data() errors in syslog

Peter Villeneuve petervnv1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 16:36:54 CEST 2014

I also see a lot of those errors in my log files but I attributed them to
simple connection issues with mobile clients instead of anything specific
to TLS.

My reasoning is that if a mobile UAC changes networks, moves out of range,
etc, then TCP connections to that previous IP:port combo will fail, leading
to the error messages in the logs. This shouldn't really affect performance
much since the UAC will re-register soon enough with its new network info.

After reading Daniel's response, I started to wonder if maybe my
assumptions are wrong.
However, I don't think any of Daniel's scenarios apply in my case.

>>- requiring a tls method not supported (tlsv1, ...)
In my network this is not the case. Clients and kamailio support TLS 1.0

>>- not having a common cypher
Hmmm, if both client and kamailio use the same version of openSSL, and both
are configured to use TLS 1.0, this should not happen.

>>- requiring certificate, but the other party not providing one
Nope. I don't use client certificates in my setup

>>- requiring a valid certificate, but the validation fails
I'm using a valid certificate issued and signed by StartCom, so this should
not be an issue either. But I have heard anecdotal evidence that StartCom's
certificates sometimes don't play well with Kamailio. Has anyone heard of
issues like these?

Peter