[SR-Users] Ubuntu Moving LOG files

Salman Zafar msalman212 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 13:40:10 CET 2014

Hi MV,

You do have correct rights on the log file, if you are not running kamailio
from root, right?.

check if it is not log_stderror=no, or disk space or try directly adding in
rsyslog.conf.. just random thoughts..if you have not managed to fixed it
yet.

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Massimo Varriale (IPZeta) <
m.varriale at ipzeta.it> wrote:

> Hi Salman,
> yes, I've restarted several times the syslog process and also as I've
> applied several updates and make some network changes I've rebooted
> completely the server several times also from my config changes.
> However, logs are still written in syslog.
>
> I'm using 4.2.0 from packages, if this could be different...
>
> Thank you so much
> Max
>

> Il giorno 26/nov/2014, alle ore 12:13, Salman Zafar ha scritto:
>
> Hi,
>
> Hoping you restarted (r)syslog service as well as kamailio.
>
> Configs look pretty much okay I guess.
>

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 4:07 PM, Massimo Varriale (IPZeta) <
> m.varriale at ipzeta.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to move Kamailio LOGS from syslog to kamailio.log into another
>> folder but on Ubuntu 14.04 it seems ignoring my settings.
>> All Logs are always saved in /var/log/syslog
>> How to move Kamailio Logs?
>>

>> cat /etc/rsyslog.d/50-default.conf
>> #  Default rules for rsyslog.
>> #
>> # For more information see rsyslog.conf(5) and /etc/rsyslog.conf
>>
>> #
>> # First some standard log files.  Log by facility.
>> #
>> auth,authpriv.* /var/log/auth.log
>> *.*;auth,authpriv.none,local0.none -/var/log/syslog
>>
>> #kamailio logs
>> local7.*                        -/var/log/kamailio/kamailio.log
>>

>> /etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg
>> log_facility=LOG_LOCAL7
>>

>> Thank you so much
>> Max