[SR-Users] General debugging and presence question

Salman Zafar msalman212 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 09:09:34 CET 2014

Hi

Answer#1: You have to put logs to find where Kamailio is sending 404. Check
xlog lines in the code append more to see.

Answer#2: In Default Kamailio config log-facility used is 0 which mean logs
will be appended to /var/log/messages or syslog. If it is something else
make sure you have rsyslog configured and the corresponding custom log file
present.Ofcource you have to restart both services.

Further more if Kamailio is sending 404 then simply search "404" in
kamailio.cfg where it is occurring and you will know which condition and
why.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Jesse S. Anderson <jesse.dakota at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
> Sorry for the general questions here, I'll try to be concise.  I'm kind of
> a n00b, so bear with me.
>
> Problem:  Kamailio will not respond or accept SUBSCRIBE.  It kicks back a
> 404 every time.  SUBSCRIBE is ok.
>

> Question #1:  I actually copied a config from the vendor we are using and
> it's supposed to work so is there something simple I'm missing?
>
> Question #2:  Logging.  I've read that there should be a kamailio.log file
> somewhere that I can tail -f, but there's no such file on the machine.
> I've done a *kamailio debug -dd  *but it's really tough to go through.
> Doesn't seem like you can grep using that either.
>
> If anyone out there has any advice for me, I would certainly appreciate it.
>
> Thanks!

Regards

M. Salman Zafar
VoIP Professional