[SR-Users] rtpengine and sdes

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Wed Nov 19 15:31:52 CET 2014

On 11/19/2014 01:35 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I saw that rtpengine docs still advertise support for SDES SRTP and I
> was wondering if anyone was (is still) using it for
> decryption/encryption of this type of SRTP, mainly in scenarios like
> SRTP from a classic sip phone (e.g., snom) to another SIP endpoint
> wihtout srtp support.
>
> As I cc-ed Richard, another question is about the plans for the future,
> if at this moment is properly working/maintained, will it be kept for
> the future or the plan is to deprecate/remove/don't invest any effort in
> its maintenance?

Hi,

SDES is still fully supported and any SRTP offers generated include both
SDES and DTLS attributes for the time being. There are no plans to
remove support for SDES, and the only thing we may have to address the
SDES/DTLS dualism in the future is an option to select one over the
other when generating offers (e.g. do DTLS-only offers).

cheers