[SR-Users] Redirection buffer length exceed

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 13:30:20 CET 2014

Hello,

trying to count in the config could be a way, but I guess you have to
add some delimiter overhead between contacts.

Increasing it was a proposal for a lazy solution that can be easily
backported. A proper way can be via dynamic allocation or making the
size configurable via a param.

The code does check if adding a new contact results in overflow, but
then returns an error and the old used contacts are not considered.

On 06/11/14 11:35, Dan Christian Bogos wrote:
> Hey Daniel,
>
> Thanks for your fast feedback!
>
> Not sure what is the best approach on this. We reach the 512 limit
> sometimes even with just 2 contacts in one AOR (since we cannot pass
> the path in redirect, we use a uri parameter to add it and process
> that later in other components, so I guess that is our sin). I guess
> we can work with 1024 as well, but on the other hand, how can I
> control what goes into that buffer?
>
> Will counting in the script of the RURIs length in all of the branches
> before calling 302 be sufficient to keep the buffer under it's limits?
> Would it be not possible for the core to check on each contact if
> adding it will not create the buffer overflow instead of dropping all
> data in the buffer (returning no contact) when that happens?
> The issue is that it is hard for me as admin to know what will go into
> the contact data since that content comes directly from UAs.
>
> Cheers,
> DanB
>
> looks like the overall buffer for contacts in redirect is 512 in size,
> perhaps same value from early beginnings. MAX_REDIRECTION_LEN in
> config.h needs to be changed to larger value -- should 1024 be enough?
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 24-27, Berlin - http://www.asipto.com