[SR-Users] Redirection buffer length exceed

Dan Christian Bogos danb.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 11:35:04 CET 2014

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for your fast feedback!

Not sure what is the best approach on this. We reach the 512 limit
sometimes even with just 2 contacts in one AOR (since we cannot pass the
path in redirect, we use a uri parameter to add it and process that
later in other components, so I guess that is our sin). I guess we can
work with 1024 as well, but on the other hand, how can I control what
goes into that buffer?

Will counting in the script of the RURIs length in all of the branches
before calling 302 be sufficient to keep the buffer under it's limits?
Would it be not possible for the core to check on each contact if adding
it will not create the buffer overflow instead of dropping all data in
the buffer (returning no contact) when that happens?
The issue is that it is hard for me as admin to know what will go into
the contact data since that content comes directly from UAs.

Cheers,
DanB

looks like the overall buffer for contacts in redirect is 512 in size,
perhaps same value from early beginnings. MAX_REDIRECTION_LEN in
config.h needs to be changed to larger value -- should 1024 be enough?