[SR-Users] Kamailio with media proxy and two network interfaces

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 21:41:07 CET 2014

On 04/11/14 20:04, Glenn Larsen wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Julien <julien.linphone at gmail.com> wrote:
>> A user connected at eth0 shall be able to get the presence status of users on eth1 and users shall be able to call each other.
>>
>> What I did so far:
>>   I added listen statements for both interfaces to the Kamailio config file:
>>     -listen=udp:eth0_IP:5060
>>     -listen=udp:eth1_IP:5060
> Have you done similar configuration for the RTP proxy? Since Kamailio
> will setup the call, but will not "carry" the audio. If your RTP proxy
> has been configured, have you updated the kamailio config to use the
> RTP proxy?
>
> See example 1.14 on this page:
> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.2.x/modules/rtpproxy.html#idp84376

A tutorial I wrote for bridging IPv4 and IPv6 can be useful to go through:

- http://kb.asipto.com/kamailio:kamailio-mixed-ipv4-ipv6

It show bridging of sip and rtp between not directly routable networks.

Instead of doing kamailio.cfg rtpproxy_manage() decisions on af (address
family), it has to be done on dst_ip (local ip on which the packet was
received) and rtp proxy started with "-l ip1/ip2" instead of "-l ip1 -6
/ip2".

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 24-27, Berlin - http://www.asipto.com