[SR-Users] Kamailio with media proxy and two network interfaces

Julien julien.linphone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 18:17:55 CET 2014

Hello,
I have a problem with Kamailio and a setup with two network interfaces
(eth0 and eth1)
Devices on eth0 CANNOT see devices on eth1 and vice versa, there is no
route between both interfaces.
Only Kamailio and the media proxy can access both.

               +--------------------------+
               |    kamailio + rtpproxy   |
eth0          |         + openvpn        | eth1
     +---------+                          +-----------+
     |         |                          |           |
     |         +--------------------------+           |
   +-+----+                                      +----+-+
   |  A   |                                      |  B   |
   |      |                                      |      |
   +------+                                      +------+

A user connected at eth0 shall be able to get the presence status of
users on eth1 and users shall be able to call each other.

What I did so far:
   I added listen statements for both interfaces to the Kamailio config
file:
     -listen=udp:eth0_IP:5060
     -listen=udp:eth1_IP:5060

What's not working:
   When I try to make a call from user in A domain to another user in B
domain, the call established correctly, but no stream running.
   On B device I see an incoming call from 'sip:user at A_Domain'.
   B user doesn't have route for A Domain, so that doesn't work.

Is what I want technically possible with Kamailio.
If yes, what do I have to change in my config?
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

--
Julien Barreau