[SR-Users] REGISTRAR location replication (pua_reginfo)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 16:39:21 CET 2014

Hello,

as I understood, the issue was that when pua_reginfo received a notify
and inserted a record in location table, usrloc executed a callback in
pua_reginfo to send notify, which can result in endless cross
notifications between nodes.

If yes, I pushed a patch in master branch, can you test and see if it
works? If all ok, it will be considered for backport in stable branches.

On the other hand, I am not sure it works when the topology is like a
linear (circular) list, thus it might need to be wrapped as config
option -- this just came in my mind, not analysis for it, maybe this is
not feasible at all anyhow.

On 03/11/14 12:50, lejarreta.e at sarenet.es wrote:
> Good morning.
>
> We've got a problem with location memory and database replication
> between "n" kamailios as REGISTRAR servers.
>
> 1.- WHAT WE WANNA DO:
>
> - To have "n" Kamailios with their DB and memory "user location"
> replicated.
> - Each Kamailio owns its own DB.(It could be also with a common DB).
> - Each kamailio has a PUA_REGINFO, PRESENCE, and REGISTRAR roles.
> - USRLOC Module with db_mode = 2 (Write-Back scheme).
>
> 2.- WHAT WE DON'T WANNA DO:
>
> - USRLOC Module with db_mode != 2 (Write-Back scheme).
>
> 3.- BACKGROUND:
>
> - RFC3265
> - RFC3680
> - RFC3903
> - I attach a small architecture graph.
>
> 4.- PROBLEMS:
>
> 4.1 Deadlock:
>
> Each REGISTER involves a NOTIFY to the other side.
> Each NOTIFY involves another NOTIFY to the other side.
>
> There should be a mechanism to avoid PUBLISH reginfo_handle_notify()
> function calls but to PUBLISH save() calls on pua_reginfo module.
>
> Any idea would be appreciated (also to workaround our problem).
>
> 4.2 PUA_REGINFO module notify.c
>
> Just FYI.
>
> We think It doesn't comply to RFC3680. It should observe
> "unkown-param" object to aid "Contact" header params such as "Path",
> "Received", "User_agent" and so on.
>
> We've changed code but for a fast startup we've also avoided
> "unkown-param" and now we're able to see replicated "Path", "Received
> ... params on each DB.
>
> Thanks and best regards.
>
> Eduardo Lejarreta.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla