[SR-Users] What do next?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri May 9 09:31:47 CEST 2014

On 08 May 2014, at 20:20, Jaafar Hamza <hamzaesprit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am a student in Programming, I develop for project of the end of study a sip phone(Swing application). I use Sip Jain api. I installed kamailio in Ubuntu Server 14.04  using this command : apt-get install kamailio*. Now, I don't know what to do to configure this server like a registrar and I would like use the presence module. Please help me, I need it.

Hi Jaafar!

What you need is to help yourself first. Sending such a broad question to a mailing list indicating that you haven't done your homework means that very few people wants to help you. If they do, you should really express gratitude.

There are a number of sources, example scripts and a good amount of documentation out there. With Kamailio comes a default configuration script that acts as a registrar and can be configured as a presence server. Did you look at that?

When you've looked at the default configuration, studied examples in the knowledgebase and checked the available docs, feel welcome to ask more detailed questions. The more detail, the higher the chance of getting good answers.

Welcome to the world of Kamailio!

/O