[SR-Users] FW: Module TOPOH: Does not unmask CALL-ID on request BYE in one direction

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 15:05:54 CET 2014

Hello,

the call-id is set by caller (upstream), thus is not masked when it is
sent by that endpoint. When it is coming from callee (downstream), it is
masked, so it has to be unmasked before sending to upstream.

Am I appreciating something wrong here?

direction=1 is set when the callee sends a request. Can you send the
logs with debug=3 for such a BYE?

On 20/03/14 15:02, Samuel F. wrote:
> Hi,
> We are setting up a Kamailio Proxy with the Topoh module in place
> masking everything including CALL-ID. It seems to be masking
> everything just fine except for CALL-ID in BYE requests (verified with
> PCAPs) when received from downstream. Upstream works fine.
> Looking at the source code for the module 4.1.2 we see the unmasking
> being done like this:
> if(dialog)
> {
> /* dialog request */
> th_unmask_ruri(&msg);
> th_unmask_route(&msg);
> th_unmask_refer_to(&msg);
> if(direction==1)
> {
> th_unmask_callid(&msg);
> }
> }
> It only seems to be unmasking for one direction. From my understanding
> BYE can be initated from both directions?
> Might be something I don’t understand here how the source code works
> but I wanted to ask for any pointers of help here.. been
> troubleshooting this for a good while now.
> Kind regards,
> Samuel

Kamailio World Conference - April 2-4, 2014, Berlin, Germany
http://www.kamailioworld.com