[SR-Users] Child process exited by a signal 11

Allen Zhang Allen.Zhang at imgtec.com
Wed Mar 19 23:50:26 CET 2014

Hi,

Scenario:
Our kamailio server normally has a debug level of 2.
The server gets a segmentation fault and dies when we run a certain demo. The error message is:
"[4097]: ALERT: <core> [main.c:789]: child process 4098 exited by a signal 11"
And we got a lot of these before it dies:
"error reading: Connection reset by peer (104)"
"ERROR: tcp_read_req: error reading"
Because of the low debug level, I have no idea of what child process 4098 was doing before it died.

Here is the wired bit:
The problem goes away if I set debug level to 5.
But always occurs at debug level 2.

Two questions:
1, I noticed that the main thread was 4097 and 4098 died. what is the child process created straight after main? My guess is this 4098 child process manages TCP connections. Is this correct?

2, Why does debugging level has an impact on this? Is it because higher debugging level introduces some delay?

Regards,

Allen